Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Civil Engineering contractor working on the delivery of the infrastructure to support construction of 10,000 homes for a Council’s £6Bn development.
This £80M framework involves the remediation of the existing site and construction of roads, bridges and flood mitigation measures, as well as electricity, gas, communications, water connections and hectares of newly landscaped parkland areas.
- Ensure that commercial position is protected using in-depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes.
- Responsible for effective client relationship management to encourage smooth commercial progression of the contract(s).
- Provide liaison with the client, Project Quantity Surveyor and senior staff.
- Manage and provide development and support to other commercial team members.
- Understand the impact of commercial and technical changes at strategic level within the customer’s business industry/sector
- Anticipate and plan change in commercial resource on the project.
- Provide commercial support to the tendering process when required.
- Prepare the basis of the project procurement schedule and ensure the team contribute and complete their relevant sections.
- Oversee subcontract procurement in accordance with the procurement timetable, in accordance with the company procurement policy.
- Ensure that materials and off-site services are procured in an efficient manner with capable organisations in accordance with the company procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience gained in a Quantity Surveying role
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contracts
- Professional Membership of RICS or MICES is desired
- Experience gained on major infrastructure projects is beneficial but not essential
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.