£60,000 - £65,000 + Car + Pension + Training
Senior Quantity Surveyor Required for a leading Civil Engineering contractor, as a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be an integral part of the commercial team, responsible for supporting the project teams in all commercial matters and working with operational teams to ensure all commercial objectives are delivered.
As a Quantity Surveyor your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Providing the commercial function across projects to ensure successful project delivery.
- Projects include highways, civils, bridges, groundworks and improvement works up to £10m.
- Working within a team of talented professionals ensuring co-ordination and provision across all aspects of project delivery.
- Undertake pre-contract setup, including forecasting, measurement, sub-contract tendering and procurement.
- Effectively manage the commercial aspects of the project (or a section of a project) including valuations / applications, budget monitoring, material / plant reconciliation and contract variations and change.
- Assist in the preparation, management and agreement of Final Accounts.
- Procurement and management of subcontract packages.
- Produce and maintain project forecasts to support the monthly commercial and financial reporting procedures.
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
- Maximise cashflow through the control and valuation of works, invoicing and payment process.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements, including contractual and legislative.
- Ensure compliance with Milestone standards and procedures in respect of commercial activities.
- Assist with control of project documentation.
- Ad hoc duties as job requires.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Degree / HND qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject.
- Relevant CSCS card.
- Demonstrable experience of working on Highways and Civil Engineering projects.
- Good command and communication of oral and written English.
- Skilled negotiator and communicator.
- Good people and organisational skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (ie. Excel) and other computer skills.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].