Quantity Surveyor required for a leading Civil Engineering, Building, and Steelwork solutions company delivering a complete built environment service to their customers and future generations, whilst maintaining important traditional skills. They understand and welcome new modern methods leading the way in delivering safe, innovative and value driven solutions without compromising on quality.
As a result of continued growth and a full order book, they have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to assist in the provision of surveying services under the direction of the Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors and to assist in ensuring that the construction projects are completed within their budgets and to programme.
* Assist in Estimating, the preparation of tender documentation and cost planning.
* Carry our sub-contract comparisons and procurement advice.
* Assist in the appointment and co-ordination of design and other consultants.
* Assist in contract Administration and cost control.
* Help in site measurement and the procurement of monthly applications.
* Manage sub-contract work packages, carry out re-measures, monitor extras and contra charges.
* Pay sub-contractors.
* Assist in the preparation of final accounts.
* Provide assistance in the preparation of cost / value reporting (CVR’s).
* Attend meetings and undertake site visits as required.
* Help collate information for use in the negotiation / settlement of main and sub-contract claims.
* Generally assist in all daily commercial procedures, reporting to the contract quantity surveyor / senior quantity surveyor
Skills / Experience:
* Good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word and the ability to learn how to use specialist software.
* Able to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes, along with excellent numerical and IT skills.
* Good financial and numeracy skills.
* Degree, HND or equivalent in related studies eg, Surveying, Construction, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
* Ability to write clear and concise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people.
* A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines.
* Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
* Good team working ethic.
In return our client is offering a competitive salary, ongoing training and excellent package.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].